Skip Global navigation and goto content

It's a New Day in Public Health.

The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote, and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, and community efforts.

Skip MegaMenu and goto content


Florida Department of Health in Glades County

  •  1-800-342-3556

    Mailing Location

    1021 Health Park Dr 

    Moore Haven, Florida 33471

Moore Haven WIC
2nd and 4th Tuesdays, Open till 12:00pm
Fl Department of Health Glades County, (back entrance)

Eligibility is by appointment only, for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. Appointments are also available for babies and children up to the age of 5 years old.


WIC is a federally-funded nutrition program for Women, Infants, and Children. WIC provides the following at no cost: healthy foods, nutrition education and counseling, breastfeeding support, and referrals for health care and community services.

WIC is available to pregnant, breastfeeding, and postpartum women; infants, and children under 5 years of age.  Fathers are welcomed to bring their children to apply for WIC.  Legal guardians and/or foster parents of children under the age of 5 may apply for WIC services on behalf of their child.


How do I apply for WIC? 

Use the WIC Prescreening Tool to see if you might be eligible for WIC. Call us for an appointment to see if you are eligible. At this visit, your household income and the medical/nutrition status of each applicant will be reviewed.


Florida WIC clients use a WIC EBT card to purchase WIC-approved foods at authorized WIC grocery stores. If you have a WIC EBT Card and have questions or problems using your card, call WIC EBT Customer Service at 1-866-629-1095.

Check your balance before shopping. You can do this by calling WIC EBT Customer Service at 1-866-629-1095 or by going to the WIC EBT website. If there is a WIC EBT Point of Sale (POS) machine at the store, you can also slide your card and enter your PIN to get your balance.

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

WIC Nondiscrimination Statement (NDS)

If you have difficulty understanding English or have a disability, free language assistance or other aids and services are available upon request.


What do you get?

  • An EBT card to buy healthy foods such as milk, juice, eggs, cheese, cereal, beans, fruits, vegetables, bread, rice, and peanut butter.

  • Information about nutrition and health to help you and your family eat well and be healthy.

  • Support and information about breastfeeding your baby including classes and breast pumps can be found here: Breastfeeding Information

  • Help in finding health care and other community services.

What do I need to bring?

  • Identification for everyone that has an appointment.

  • Proof of where you live or have Medicaid.

  • Proof of all household income or have Medicaid.

  • Children’s shot record.

  • Everyone that has an appointment for WIC.

How do I use my WIC EBT card?
  • Bring the Florida WIC Foods Pamphlet - This lists the brands & sizes of foods that you are allowed to buy.
  • Bring your WIC EBT Shopping List- This will tell you the foods that you are able to buy for your family each month. The foods for everyone in your family are combined altogether.
  • You can choose how little or how much you want to buy each time you shop with your WIC EBT card.
  • Have your WIC EBT card ready when purchasing foods at the register.
  • Inform the cashier you are using a WIC EBT card.
  • Cashier will ask you to slide your WlC EBT card at the Point of Sale (POS) machine. Or you may hand the cashier your card.
  • Make sure you know your PIN number. You will be asked to press your PIN number on the keypad.
  • Cashier will then scan your selected foods. The amounts of the approved foods & dollar amount of the fruit and vegetables will be deducted from the WIC EBT account.
  • Keep your grocery store receipts each time you shop with your EBT card. At the bottom of the receipt wi ll be the balance of your current month. Look at your receipt to make sure it is correct before you leave the store.
  • Make sure you buy your foods on your shopping list within the allowed dates.
  • Benefits will be in your WIC EBT card account at 12:00 midnight the first date of use and will expire at 12:00 midnight the last date to use. Benefits not used will not roll over to the next month.
  • To find out your balance on your WIC EBT the receipts from the recent purchase will show your balance left over. Or you can call Customer Service at 1-866-629-1095; or go to the WIC EBT website at
  • Save your WIC EBT card when all your foods have been purchased, your card is re-useable. The next set of benefits will be purchased with the same WIC EBT card.
  • Keep your WIC EBT card and bring it with you each time you come to the WIC office.

What if my doctor wants my baby on a different formula than WIC usually offers?

Florida WIC offers the Enfamil milk-based and Gerber soy-based formulas to those Moms who choose not to breastfeed. See your choices of Enfamil and Gerber formulas.

A 'MEDICAL DOCUMENTATION FOR FORMULA AND FOOD' FORM must be completed by your child’s doctor, if the formula is something other than an approved Enfamil or Gerber formula. You may get this form from your doctor or us. Also, you or your doctor may download this form from

  • This ENTIRE form needs to be completed, including a valid medical diagnosis (spitting up or formula intolerance is not considered a medical diagnosis) and also the number of months the formula is needed (the maximum is 6 months).

  • If the request form is approved, unused benefits and/or unopened cans of formula that you have, will need to be returned to WIC in exchange for the requested formula.

  • Please remember that if your infant is in need of a special formula, he/she may need to be more closely monitored by WIC, and may need more frequent appointments.

Moving with WIC
What to bring to transfer within Florida

  • Identification for everyone that gets WIC and is transferring
  • Proof of where you live now
  • Shot records for children, if you have them
  • Any WIC checks you have from the other state. You cannot get benefits from more than one state for the same time period.
  • Your WIC Identification/Transfer card, from your last WIC Program. If you don’t have this you should call that agency and ask them to fax your “Verification of Certification” to us at the fax number listed above for the location where you have an appointment. Or if they prefer they can fax their release form to us and you can complete it at our office. Once we get the documentation of your certification, we can complete your transfer and issue your benefits and EBT card. The Call Center operators will help you through this process so check with them first.


All links below open in a new window

Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA), Medicaid (health coverage for people with low income), Food Assistance: Apply for these programs online by visiting the Public Benefits and Services page on the Florida Department of Children and Families website.

KidCare: 1-888-540-5437. Low cost health insurance for uninsured children birth to age 18 years.

Family Health Line: 1-800-451-2229. Referral information for prenatal care, infant and toddler health care, Healthy Start, family planning, and for basic health questions.

Breastfeeding Helpline: 1-800-994-9662.

Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-500-1119.

Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-962-2873.

Child Support Enforcement:

Discount Drug Card: 1-866-341-8894.

USDA Food and Nutrition Service brochure “How To Get Food Help”

Internet service: Affordable Connectivity Program for eligible families to help pay for internet service and connected devices.
Home - ACP - Universal Service Administrative Company (

Food Resources for Florida’s Families

*Note: This page contains materials in the Portable Document Format (PDF). The free Adobe Reader may be required to view these files.